The 2-minute Golden Goal Rule
Very often, you come across situations in life, where you have big dreams and goals to achieve, but you feel stuck, and don’t take action. It is there in your head, you dream about it, but you don’t take any action towards that goal. Why do you think this happens? You might have come across such situations in life, very often.
There could be several reasons for it:
- Lack of clarity
- Lack of confidence
- Lack of courage
- Fear of failure
- Fear of being judged
- Lack of Time Management
- Lack of Focus
You can overcome this problem by following the 2-minute Golden Rule, with respect to achieving your goal. What is this Golden Rule all about?
If you have a very big goal to achieve, what is it that you can do in 2 minutes towards that goal?
For example, if your goal is to work out every single day. What is it that you can do in 2 minutes, towards that goal? You can put on your shoes, socks and gym wear. Now you have no choice, but to go to the gym and workout.
What is the action item that can be done in 2 minutes?
If your goal is to shoot a video, what is the immediate action step that can be done in 2 minutes. It could be writing down the script of the video.
The first step is what is the big goal and what is a small action step towards that?
Now, further to go deeper into the technique, you need to break down your goal or task into small actionable steps, and then segregate them into various levels, such as:
- Very Easy
- Very Hard
You should be able to identify, each sub-task as falling under a particular level. To understand this, let us consider few examples as follows:
- For example, if your goal is to start trading
- what is a very easy thing to do – open the app
- And the next easy thing is – registering for course
- what is the moderate one – taking guidance from experts
- What is the hard one – Judging which stocks will give more profit
- What is very hard with respect to goal -know when to exit to book profits or save capital
Let us consider, another example. If you need to shoot a video,
- what is the easiest thing to do – Write the content for the video.
- What is the easy thing to do to shoot a video -you need to get dressed up.
- What is the moderate thing to do? – Speak in front of the camera.
- What is the hard thing to do? – Editing it.
- What is a very hard thing to do? – Posting the edited stuff.
In this way you need to break down your goal into these steps, and segregate them. Doing this will help you start taking actionable steps towards your goal, and get closer to your goal each day.
Dr Harsh Hirani, our Fortune Academy student, applied this golden rule, to achieve his goal. This is how he used the 2- minute Golden Goal Rule:
He currently has 180-200 clients per month, in the last 4 months. Now his goal is to achieve 450 clients per month.
- what is the easiest thing to do – Call a reference partner.
- What is the easy thing to do – call a digital marketing agency
- What is the moderate thing to do? – Get a coach to understand how to expand.
- What is the hard thing to do? – Get a team to work and train them.
- What is a very hard thing to do? – Get 450 clients per month.
Now, after applying this golden rule, Dr. Harsh has absolute clarity on what he should do, and is now more confident about achieving his goal very very fast.
Try this golden rule and see the difference it makes in your life.